“While my journey has been varied and exciting, one thing never changes. Whatever I create, whether it’s a carton of French fries, a tin of sardines or a box of frogs I always include lots of warmth and a dash of wit. Above all, I want my work to make people smile.”
– Kate Jenkins
- 'I love Kate's creations - there is such wit and warmth to the way she sees the world. Sardines are synonymous with the Ile de Re in France where I have a holiday home. Kate's made me sardine pictures using local tins to hang on the walls. Each one is different. They make me smile every time I look at them. Kate is really receptive to ideas but adds her own flourish to every thing she makes. She's a true talent!'.Dee Lahiri
- "I'm a huge fan of Kate's work- I just love her amazing skill and great sense of humour. I commissioned her to knit a pepperami for my husband's birthday and it came out even better than expected- we were both thrilled with the result!! Everyone who sees it on the wall in our house comments and loves it. I was so happy that I recently commissioned her to knit a packet of salt and vinegar squares for my sister's 40th birthday. She did a totally beautiful job, my sister couldn't believe her luck! I will definitely get in touch with Kate when we next have a special occasion, she can't be beaten for skill, creativity and a personal touch"Sophie Hulme Handbags
- Vanessa Ong, Singapore'I chose this piece because it's unique and whimsical. Perfect for my new home! everyone who looks at it can't help but smile. Her art is truly one of a kind, clever, beautiful and witty.Looking forward to collecting more of her works'.
- Rich and I have followed Kate's art for YEARS now, and own a small and perfectly formed collection of her work. How much do we bloody love Kate's art? SO much! It's made with love, it's smart, it;s chic, it sparkles, it always has a story - and it makes us smile. This is our most recent acquisition and couldn't love it more (everyone wants to own this piece. They can't, it's OURS)Charlie & Rich
- Kate Jenkins' work stands out as innovative, quirky and fun. Her unique knitted and crocheted depictions of popular dishes like canapés, sushi and sandwiches are re-invented with a comedic touches and a nostalgic take on everyday items. Jenkins' works were chosen for the World Cafè on board Viking Cruises because they add a light and fun feel to the room and the works are a talking point amongst the passengers as well as the crew on board. The knitted and crocheted pieces were commissioned to bring a feeling of a 'familiar and domestic' atmosphere as well as a sophisticated elegance to the room'.International Corporate Art
- Nina Rittweger, Munich 'I can't get enough of it'
"I am probably one of Kate's biggest fans! two years ago I read about her in an article and contacted her. After purchasing a few very special pieces I asked her if she would do commissions for me. since then she has done quite amazing works for me and my family and we absolutely love each piece. Her art is so unique, funny, different and warm hearted... I can't get enough of it!"